Monday, November 8, 2010

William Kentridge

William Kentridge work, leaves me doubtful. I say this because I really don't know how he does it, even though it tells me. Another thing is that all the images make me feel weird. But, still I like the effects that he uses. If I had to describe his work to a blind I would do it like this. I would tell him that the technique is drwing and erasing a lot of times. Then, that everything is without color and the details are not perfect. Then, I would tell him how the images look and what they represent. That's how Williams work makes me feel and how I would describe it to a blind man.

The process taht he used is very complicated. He first thinks of the ideas and how he is going to do it. After he has the ideas he starts drawing scene, which he takes a picture of. Then, he erases it and takes another picture. So he goes on many times until he has kind of like a movie. During the process of erasing, he doesn´t erase everything, he only erases part of it and takes a picture. Sometimes he can combine the original scene with a new one. This is the process of how he mikes his stop-motion art works.

No comments:

Post a Comment